January 29, 2010

So so full!

We are snowed in and while there is a lack of things to do, there is not a lack of food.
My mom made a giant batch of homemade chili...so so good.
AND we made two different kinds of brownies.
Although you could never tell from looking at us,
my family loves to eat! Especially sweets :)
Before the snow started, we already had a nice collection of icicles hanging from our back perola.
I found it beautiful and inspiring.


Trying to find activities for a full of energy 2-year-old who only wants to play outside can be difficult.
Here's what we found to do instead:

play with babies in the tent


watch cartoons while holding babies


babies, babies, babies
(they are all my old beanie babies and she adores them more than any other toy)


we held hands while snuggled up in Papa's chair watching cartoons...so sweet


we stared outside as the snow began to fall and wished it was time to play outside.
Maybe tomorrow, Aves.


We played with Avery's new Dora video game that she got for Christmas.


It's a bit old for her so I had to do most of the playing while she watched.
(I got it at Just Between Friends, so it was really cheap!)


Avery showed me how to dance the Mambo.
"Now wiggle your hips, wiggle your hips!"


We played drums.


boomba boomba boom!


She wanted to love on her pink elephant.


"How 'bout 2 edaphents?!"


We played airplane. 3, 2, 1...blastoff!
I always let her countdown.


We played soccer in mommy's room.
"Avery, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A soccer player!!"


Nana let us play on her bed.
This is one of Avery's favorite things to do.

We did all of that before naptime. I know you're impressed...it was a loooong morning.
Avery started to get weepy after lunch. She decided that playing baby with Mommy would be fun.
So, she laid on my chest and pretended to cry.
I secretly loved every minute of it. :)



What a fun-filled snow day!
Tomorrow, I plan on venturing outdoors to take Avery sledding.
Also, Sunday is my birthday.
24 feels very very old.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Simply Barefoot
I am a single mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world. My daughter is my whole world. I love music, tv, and movies. I know quite a bit about computers. I love to take pictures and I always have my camera with me to capture special moments. I am a little lady with a big heart. I'm very confident in myself. I am a total hippie on the inside. I love animals and nature. I'm optimistic. I love my family more than anything. Also, during the summer, the lake is my life.
View my complete profile