January 18, 2010

Spring Break! I need you.

This photo encompasses my room and how it looks every single day. I pride myself on being neat, organized, and clutter-free. Impressive, right? The closet tells a completely different story. It makes me feel like a liar!
You can see my obvious attempts at organization but the STUFF just keeps coming out of the woodwork! I have no idea when I started collected this "stuff". It is beginning to overtake my closet and soon it will spill out into my room. I'm scared! It looks as if the characters from AHHH! Real Monsters should be hanging out and living in there. (Anyone remember that show?)
Unfortunately, free time is something I lack these days. I am a full-time mommy, full-time student, and I work 2 jobs. Oi. Hurry up spring break...this overwhelmed momma could use a little bit of your time.


On the weekends, I get to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. On this particular Saturday, I got to visit a dear old friend and her precious new baby. Introducing Marli Grace:

She is beautiful and has a beautiful name to match. Congratulations, S! She is a doll. :)
I was looking at pictures from when Avery was that little. WOW! Time really does just fly by. Now she isn't a baby; she is a big girl learning to ride a battery-operated four wheeler.


She quickly learned that boy toys are much more fun that girl toys. Maybe I will give her a brother...someday.
Anytime I'm driving in the car with Aves and I here her say "cool babe", this is what I can absolutely find sitting in her carseat:

It means she has put her sunglasses on (one of her many, many pairs) and she is just chillin. She learned to say "cool babe" from me. I am an excellent role model.
That same car ride I took a picture of the two of us...at a stop sign. Don't worry!


This is a similar picture to one that I took in April of last year:

Yep, time flies. Avery is much taller/bigger. AND she doesn't suck her fingers anymore! Yeah, she is a big girl. Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Simply Barefoot
I am a single mommy to the most beautiful little girl in the world. My daughter is my whole world. I love music, tv, and movies. I know quite a bit about computers. I love to take pictures and I always have my camera with me to capture special moments. I am a little lady with a big heart. I'm very confident in myself. I am a total hippie on the inside. I love animals and nature. I'm optimistic. I love my family more than anything. Also, during the summer, the lake is my life.
View my complete profile